If you participate in any event organised by, or in the name of, or advertised by Helmsley Archaeological and Historical Society, you do so entirely at your own risk. The Society, its officers and the event organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage to property, accident, injury or death that may occur, however caused, whether by negligence, deliberate act or otherwise.
Whilst Helmsley Archaeological and Historical Society has made every effort to maintain the accuracy of information on this web site, it cannot accept responsibility for any claim, loss or damage which may occur from the use of this information.
In particular, you are advised to confirm that any Event or Activity is still taking place - and to check its time - before you travel. The reader assumes full responsibility for using the information on this web site. If you think that there are any errors or out of date information, please contact the webmaster with full details.
We cannot accept responsibility for the content of external websites to which helmsleyarchaeologicalandhistoricalsociety.org.uk is linked.
All materials on this site are protected by copyright. All rights are reserved.
Reproduction or distribution of material on this web site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the written permission of the Society; please apply using this form.
The following statements explain Helmsley Archaeological and Historical Society's Policy regarding the personal information you may give us - either as:
1. Objective Our aim is to respect your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) - GDPR.
2. Submission of Personal Information If you choose to supply
personal information to Helmsley Archaeological and Historical Society,
we have legal obligations to you (as set out in the GDPR) in the way
we handle that data:
- we will only use your information for the purpose for which you have given it, i.e. to contact you, as a Member, to provide further information about forthcoming events, or to reply to an explicit query which you have asked.
- we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you remain a Member, or whilst we are in communication with you
- we will no longer retain personal information when the purpose(s) have been met; you may, at any point, request details of information held about you, or request its removal
we will not sell, assign, disclose or rent your personal information
to any other external organisation or individual
3. Your Consent In providing personal information, you understand and consent to the use of such information in the manner set out in the above Policy.
Virus protection We make every effort to check and test material for viruses. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from helmsleyarchaeologicalandhistoricalsociety.org.uk